Beat the Hassle of Traveling with these 5 Simple Hacks that Make Flying Easier
Many who stress over traveling (especially for international flights), often resort to Xanax or Ambient to get through the anxiety of it all, but there are actually plenty of travel hacks out there that make the whole experience infinitely easier. From finding the cheapest flights to getting through the flight itself with no worries, the hacks are infinite.
At Women Traveling the World, we’ve been on our fair share of adventures around the world, and with that in mind, we’ve decided to put together some quick hacks you may want to adopt for your next trip.
5 Simple Travel Tips for Your Next Adventure
- Check online for tickets on Tuesday’s around 3pm. If you travel with our group vacations at Women Traveling the World, the booking isn’t anything you have to worry about because we will handle that for you. With several years of experience working as travel agents, we can book any flight, no problem. However if you’re not traveling with our group, you’ll want to follow this travel tip. Airlines like JetBlue and Southwest often lower their prices weekly around 3pm on Tuesdays. If you check after 3pm, the larger airlines usually lower their prices as well.
- Try and get a workout in before your flight. Just like Elle Woods said in Legally Blond, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make your happy.” With that being said, trying to get in a quick workout before your trip will help your body relax once you’re finally on the flight, which means it’ll be far easier for you to fall asleep (without a Xanax).
- Splurge on a lounge pass. If you don’t have time to work out before your flight, indulge in one of the airlines first class lounges. Many will offer “one day” passes, but that depends on both the airline as well as the airport you’re flying out of.
- The time of day you fly affects the turbulence. No one likes to fly on a plane that experiences turbulence because you’re essentially in a tin can 30,000 feet above the ground and shaking. So, if turbulence is something you want to avoid, try to book your flight early in the morning. Thunderstorms usually don’t begin to form until the afternoon, making morning flights a smoother ride. Plus, people don’t like flying extremely early in the morning, so the flights may be cheaper, and you may even be able to snag your own row on the plane to really relax. If you can’t snag a morning flight, try and book your seat in the middle of the plane. Since planes are kind of like seesaws, you’ll feel less turbulence near the wings.
- Make your luggage a quick find. Whether you have a bright colored suitcase, or a colorful name tag, you want to make sure you luggage is easy to spot once you reach your destination. More often than not, the luggage carousels are just one continuous line of black and brown bags that all look the same. So, get yourself a bright purple one so you can spot it right away and beat the crowd on your way out.
Learn other great traveling tips and opportunities for women traveling alone to safely reach wonderful destinations all around the world by visiting Women Traveling the World.